Prep 10 mins, Bake 10 mins
- 1 package Duff White Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- sugar to sprinkle on top
- *optional- chopped nuts, chocolate or white chocolate chips, coconut or raisins
- In a large bowl, mix together dessert mix, eggs yolks, and shortening, butter and vanilla extract. Mix well until all ingredients are blended together.
- Add any of the optional ingredients you prefer at this time. Mix thoroughly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a long smooth roll. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill in refrigerator about 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove cookies from refrigerator. Slice the log into ¼ inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are light brown around edges. Sprinkle with sugar immediately after removing from oven.
- Cool cookies on sheet about 1 minute before removing to wire rack.