Prep 10 mins, Chill 1 hour, Bake 12 mins
Yield: approx. 22-28
- 1 package Duff White Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Add in the dessert mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
- Roll the chilled batter into tablespoons sized balls and then roll them in confectioners’ sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookies sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes; then remove from pan to cooling rack.
- The cookies will remain soft and “gooey.” Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar, if desired.